SUNDAY 30 JULY 2017
10AM – 6PM • FREE ADMISSION
WHAT IT’S ALL ABOUT
Hello, and welcome!
We have an incredible array of treats coming up at the 5th annual Saltburn Food Festival on Sunday 30 July, with a day packed full of fun for all the family.
Scroll down the page and see what’s happening on the day itself – good local food, special guest chefs, live Cookery Theatre, Street Theatre from Bell and Bullock, park & ride on the Whitby Vintage Bus, and public transport info too.
Admission to the Festival is FREE – we try to ensure the Festival is accessible to as many people as possible – but please feel free to pop a donation into any of the official collection boxes on the stalls if you’re feeling flush.
WHAT WE’RE ABOUT
We love bringing good local food right into the heart of the town we’re proud to call home, and we also run Saltburn’s popular monthly Farmers Market, held on the second Saturday of the month.
The Food Festival was inspired by a relaxing family holiday to the historic French wine region of Bergerac on the North Bank of the Dordogne.
We were sitting at a night market, enjoying good local food right there in the street, and we loved the sense of community and togetherness around the whole place.
We thought there was nothing they were doing in France that we couldn’t do in towns and villages in this country, so we decided to give it a go right here in Saltburn
And here we are!
Saltburn Food Festival Street Market
Milton Street, 10am – 6pm
- A bustling street market, with more than 80 stalls bringing a mix of fantastic tastes and smells to town.
- A tasty mix of stalls includes a wide range of locally produced sausages, meat & game, fresh fruit & veg, wild mushrooms, veggie & vegan specials, world street food, garden herbs & garlic, freshly baked artisan bread, handmade cheese, Skinningrove wines & locally brewed beers, chocolate, cakes & biscuits, gingerbread & ginger specials, gourmet scotch eggs, a gluten free stall, chilli plants & chilli sauces, hog roast, PLUS local arts & crafts and much more besides.
- Expect a real Festival village atmosphere, with outdoor dining areas, street theatre and live music.
Live Cookery Theatre: Milton Street
- Live Cookery demonstrations every hour from 10.30 till 5.30 at our outdoor cookery theatreCome and see some of the areas best chefs spilling the beans on how to recreate restaurant quality dishes at homeMore details to follow
Festival Fringe Around the Town
Lots to see and do around the town on Festival day too
- Cider Festival & children’s climbing wall at Saltburn House. (At the far end of Milton Street).
- Food and drink events on the terrace at The Spa Hotel (Saltburn Bank)
- Festival Cocktail and Cakes Garden at Brockley Hall (Opposite the Band Stand)
- Childrens book activities at The Book Corner – Saltburn’s fab independent bookshop on Milton Street
- Take a picnic and head into the woods for music and more.
- Tour of the Masonic Lodge – hear about the work of the Free Masons and visit their Victorian Lodge (Marine Parade)
- Bubbles at Ollie B’s – free Prosecco for all at Ollie B’s – womans clothing shop (Dundas Street)
- Definitely pop back here before you visit as events keep on coming in!
And, while you’re here, we hope you’ll enjoy discovering the town’s fantastic array of independent shops and cafes – not to mention the beach, the pier, the Valley Gardens and everything else that makes Saltburn such a great place to be.
Park & Ride
We know you’re going to love the Whitby Vintage Bus that’s coming to town as part of the Saltburn Food Festival’s Park & Ride Scheme. This will operate between Bow Street Car Park in Guisborough and Saltburn Festival Site from 9.30 am to 6.30 pm and will cost £4 return per person, under 16’s go free.
Cars will be able to park for FREE on the outskirts of town at both the former council Coach Park opposite Saltburn Golf Club and the nearby car park of Saltburn Learning Campus (formerly Huntcliff School) and catch the park and ride bus – £2 per trip per person.
All-day vintage bus tickets will then cost just £2 for adults and FREE for under 16’s, with the bus hopping between the car parks and the Food Festival on Milton Street at regular intervals throughout the day from 9.30am – 4.30pm.
Fancy beating the traffic and giving the car a day off?
We’re lucky here in Saltburn to have both buses and trains coming right into the heart of town – both less than a minute walk from the Festival itself.
Trains run hourly to and from Saltburn on Sundays, and the station platform is literally 30 seconds walk from the Festival on Milton Street.
And foodies can enjoy extra buses running to and from Saltburn on the big day itself.
And Arriva’s X4 Sunday service between Whitby & Redcar has been doubled for the summer, calling in at Saltburn every half hour in both directions.
Good News for Dog Owners
We love dogs, but the Festival street does get very busy and isn’t the ideal environment for your furry friend.
Rather than let your dog get stressed, our friends at Paw Pals Saltburn are offering doggy daycare and walks so you can enjoy your day and be sure your dog does too.
They can collect your dog from the festival, walk them and care for them (and fed if required) for either 2 hours or 4 hours, before being returned to you at the festival.
If you just want a short break they will also be offering walks for either 30 minutes or 1 hour.
Advance bookings are available but not essential. For more information or to book, message their facebook page directly here
Or, just come to the festival and look for one of the Paw Pals vehicles (parked either end of Milton Street) and ask a member of their staff.
And, obviously, please don’t leave your dog in the car.
SALTBURN FARMERS’ MARKET
Shortlisted as National Farmers’ Market of the Year in 2014, we continue to bring around 35 of the North East & North Yorkshire’s best independent food producers right into the heart of town on the second Saturday of each month.
FOOD FESTIVAL NEWS
Saltburn Food Festival 2016
We’re based on Milton Street, right in the heart of town, literally just 30 seconds walk from the Railway Station.
We would love to hear from you.
You can contact us by filling out the form below.