WHAT IT’S ALL ABOUT
WHAT WE’RE ABOUT
We bring good local food right into the heart of the town we’re proud to call home, we also run Saltburn’s popular monthly Farmers Market, held on the second Saturday of the month.
The Food Festival is inspired by memories of a family holiday to the historic French wine region of Bergerac on the North Bank of the Dordogne.
Sitting at a night market, enjoying amazing local food right there on the street, we loved the sense of community and togetherness around the whole place.
We thought there was nothing they were doing in France that we couldn’t do in towns and villages in this country, so we decided to give it a go right here in Saltburn 6 years later we are here getting ready for Saltburn food festival 2019!
2019 LINE-UP BELOW – 2021 COMING SOON
Saltburn Food Festival Street Market
Milton Street, 10am – 6pm
- A bustling street market, with more than 100 stalls bringing a mix of fantastic tastes and smells to town. See the map and Click on the categories below to see what exciting treats await…
Street food stalls with flavours that take you on a journey across the globe! Eat at the festival or buy to take home!
- Anna’s Tapas (Hot & Cold Spanish specials).
- Armenian Family Street Bar (Armenian street food, flatbreads & Georgian Khachapuri).
- Bumblebee Creperie (Hot crepes).
- Café Nobia (Hot African Food).
- Crispy Conewich (Mexican tortilla cones, with meat or veg filling of your choice).
- The Taylor Made Kitchen (just as it sounds – a menu made for the festival
- Hatch 76 (Rock up and see what they have cooking – another new trader to the site with a menu to please)
- Rocket Pizza (Wood fired Pizza oven)
- Kettle Corn (Freshly popped pop-corn).
- La Focacia (Gorgeous breads with hundreds of toppings)
- Memories of the Black Forest (Shintzels!)
- Mivesi Café (Hot Bangladeshi food & spice kits).
- Brati Grill House (Hot smoked lamb & beef patties).
- Little Bao Boy (Steamed Bao Buns filled with vegetables)
- Parm Star (Street Parmo’s for festival foodies).
- Prime Catering (Hot German food).
- Real Meals (So fresh it just flipped out the sea – The Seafood Shack).
- Really Indian Ltd (Indian sauces, samosas, bajhis)).
- Rural Products (Portuguese Food).
- Saltburn Supper Cub (Mexican themed)
- Screaming Chimp (Chilli Sauces).
- Smoklahoma (Pulled Pork).
- Swine Dining (Hog Roast).
- Tandoori Naan (Indian Hot Food).
- The Little Indian (Indian Hot Food).
- The Little Korean (Hot Korean BBQ).
- The Velveteen Rabbit Luncheon Club (Cajun food/pies & pastries).
- The Little Waffle Tuk Tuk (Belgian waffles).
- Twisted Chilli (Spice Kits).
- Teeside Food (Crazy Teeside themed samosas).
- Yorkshire Chillies (Chilli Plants).
- Wiga Waga (Chilli Seasoning)
- Spicy Monkey (Curry Sauce)
Bakers, Chocolate, Fudge, Ice Cream, Pickles, Honey & Preserves
- Acorn Preserves (Preserves).
- Amos & Welsh (Bakery).
- Beez Neez Apiary (Honey & Jams)
- Blueberry Hill Preserves (Preserves).
- Busy Whisk (Desserts in jars)
- Brickyard Bakery (Artisan bread & cakes).
- Brown & Blond (Brownies).
- Burtree Puddings (Puddings & tray bakes).
- Calders Kitchen (Piccalilli)
- Chapmans Cheesecakes (Cheesecakes).
- Chunk Chocolates (Chocolate).
- Cossack Cuisine (Russian sweet & savoury bakery).
- Crumble & Slice (Cakes).
- Jean’s Jams (Jams).
- Labour of Loaf (Bakery).
- Puckett’s Pickles (Jams & preserves).
- The Gingerbread Mam (Homemade Ginger Wine & gingerbread specials).
- The Jar House (Bakery & Baking Kits).
- The Jamporium (Preserves).
- The Moody Baker (Bread).
- The Waffle Company (Freshly Made and topped Belgian Waffles).
- Le Mini Macaron (Macarons).
- Northumbrian Fudge (Fudge).
- Petes Pudding (Pease pudding)
- Renaissance Cakes (Cakes).
- Relish (Bakery and Coffe beans).
- Rosalind’s Larder (Preserves, Italian Cakes & antipasto).
- Simply Cheesecake (Cheesecakes).
- Sawley Kitchen (Award-winning Shortbread).
- Stateside Treat Emporium (Chocolate).
- Sprinkled (Cupcakes)
- Urban Fudge (Fudge).
- Winnie’s Yorkshire Delights (Marmalades & relishes).
- Yockenthwaite Farm (Granola).
- Yoghurt Delights (Frozen Yoghurt).
Fruit & Veg, Herbs & Oils
- Arches Cookery School (Oils & cooking essentials).
- Autumn Harvest (Wild and farmed mushrooms)
- Fairleys Condiments
- Garth Cottage Herbs (Culinary herbs, garlic and infused oils).
- The Johnson Brothers (Fresh fruit & veg).
- Millers (Fresh fruit & veg).
- Organic Pantry (Organic Juice Bar).
- Wildon Grange (Salad Dressings).
- Squeezy Rider (Cycle powered smoothies run by Go Tees Valley).
Veggie & Vegan
- The Green Guerrilla (Hot veggie & vegan Specials).
- Helen’s Hummus (Hummus).
- The Noodle Shack (Noodles).
- Root and Shoots (Big range of tasty gluten-goodies)
- The Lily Tree Bakery. (‘Free-from’ sweet & savoury)
Sausages, Meat, Game, Pies & Scotch Eggs
- Broom Mill Farm (Beef, pork, pies, sausages & more, direct from the farm).
- Collinson’s Pork on your fork (Sausages)
- Geordie Bangers (Sausages)
- Northumbrian Smokehouse (smoked meats, cheese, fish & houmous).
- Ox Close Traditional Fine Foods (Venison, rabbit & range of wild game from Nth Yorkshire).
- Pie Jackers (Handmade gourmet pies).
- Sausology (Sausages).
- The Clucking Pig (Gourmet Scotch Eggs).
- The Cumbrian pie company (Gourmet Pies)
- The Goat Company (Fresh goat meat from the farmers themselves )
- The Little Pigs (Rare breed pork)
- Three Little Pigs (Salami).
Wine, Cheese, Beer, Cider, Prosecco, Gin, Rum & Whisky
- Gatto Bianco (Rum & Prosecco bar).
- Lacey’s Cheese (Handmade Cheese from North Yorkshire).
- Lickerish Tooth Distillery (Gin & Vodka).
- Orchards of Husthwaite (Artisan ciders, craft beers & locally made liqueurs).
- Parlourmade (Hand Made Cheese from Durham)
- Shorty’s Gin (Gin).
- Skinningrove Country Wines (Wines from the sun-kissed shores of Skinningrove).
- Spencerfield Spirits. (Gin & Whisky).
- Teesdale Cheesemakers (Award-winning cheesemakers).
- Tees Cider (Locally brewed artisan cider).
- Weardale Cheese (Cheese).
- Yorkshire Dales Cheese Company (Cheese).
Art, Craft, Gifts, Beauty & Information
- Arches Country Lodge (Ruffled Flowers with flower arranging and bouquets)
- Beehive Beauty Products (Locally made beauty products)
- Butternut Baskets (Gorgeous, colourfull, woven baskets)
- Claude Frere-Smith (Pottery).
- Crafted in Saltburn (Local art & crafts).
- Denis Bromage (Photography).
- Flamingo Paperie (Fairly Traded and Artisan Gifts & Stationary)
- Lazy Gurl (Artisan Dressmaking at it’s best)
- Plant Preservation Society (Beautifully Potted houseplants).
- Gisborough Hall (Come and grab a chat with the lovely ladies of Guisborough Hall)
- Oak Wine Barrel (tableware made from oak wine barrels)
- Raithwaite Estate (Come and grab a chat with Raithwaite and catch up with their chef on centre stage)
- RNLI (Fundraising gift stall for the RNLI).
- Tinker’s Treasures (Recycled wooden pallet art & silversmith).
Coffee & Tea and much more…..
- Coffee Supreme (Coffee).
- Mocha Coffee (Coffee Van).
- Rounton Coffee (Coffee Bar).
- Ruby Blue (Speciality tea & gifts)
- Tap Garden (Grown up juice bar without the alcohol)
- The Barista Sisters (Coffee Van).
- The Little Coffee Company (Coffee Van)
Live Cookery Theatre: Milton Street
Get set for an incredibly tasty line-up of TV and award-winning chefs taking centre stage right in the heart of town.
Your host for the day will put your questions to the chefs and make sure we all know whats going on!
Festival Fringe Around the Town
Lots to see and do around the town on Festival day too
What will make your festival?
Cocktails on the terrace? Afternoon tea in a gypsy caravan? BBQ by the beach? Party into the night? Street entertainment?
Festival visitors can enjoy much more than just good local food. A growing number of Saltburn’s buzzing independent shops and businesses are tucking in to help make a busier than ever Festival Fringe throughout the town centre on the day.
Avoid the queues and give the car a day off!
There are plenty of alternatives to driving into Saltburn.
Park & Ride, Guisborough
There will be a ‘Festival Bus’ running from Guisborough Fountain Street Car Park (TS14 6QF) via Gisbrough Hall (TS14 6PT) to Saltburn and back.
Running every 15 minutes, starting 09.30 Fountain Street, last bus leaving Saltburn at 17.45
Park & Ride, Brotton
‘Festival bus’ direct to Saltburn from ‘Freebrough Academy’, TS12 2SJ.
Half hourly service begins 09.30 outside school carpark, last bus leaving Saltburn at 17:30
Service break between 13:10 and 14:10
Park & Ride, Saltburn
Alternatively, there are park and ride options on the outskirts of Saltburn council Coach Park and field opposite Saltburn Golf Club,TS12 1NJ and the nearby car park of Saltburn Learning Campus, TS12 1HJ. Direct service into festival approximately every 15 minutes. PLEASE NOTE THESE CAR PARKS ARE USUALLY FULL BY 10.30-11.00
Sorry but Arriva bus passes cannot be used on the Festival Park and Ride services. However, bus passes can be used on the normal Arriva services on Festival Day
Scheduled Service Buses
Arriva X4 express Sunday service between Whitby & Redcar calling in at Saltburn every half an hour both directions.
In addition, an hourly X4 express runs to and from Middlesbrough.
Click here to see the X4 timetable
Arriva X3 express service between Redcar and Lingdale, calling in at Saltburn via Marske and Skelton respectively.
Click here to see the X3 timetable
Enjoy the ride! Regular train services bring you directly into the heart of the festival with extra carriages during peak times. Search for Saltburn by the sea. Train timetables and booking available at www.nationalrail.co.uk
Good News for Dog Owners
We love dogs, but the Festival does get very busy and isn’t the ideal environment for your furry friend.
Rather than let your dog get stressed, our friends at Star Paws Saltburn are offering doggy daycare and walks so you can enjoy your day and be sure your dog does too.
They can collect your dog from the festival, walk them and care for them (and fed if required) for either 2 hours or 4 hours, before being returned to you at the festival.
If you just want a short break they will also be offering walks for either 30 minutes or 1 hour.
Advance bookings are available but not essential. For more information or to book, message their facebook page directly here
Or, just come to the festival and look for one of the Paw Pals vehicles (parked either end of Milton Street) and ask a member of their staff.
And, obviously, please don’t leave your dog in the car.
SALTBURN FARMERS’ MARKET
We would love to hear from you.
You can contact us by filling out the form below.